Monday, April 15, 2013

God Bless Boston

I had originally planned a post for tax day that was meant to talk about taxation issues in pre-revolutionary America and reactions to that. That has been postponed. Regardless of the date on the calendar, I think that to offer my condolences and my thoughts and prayers (as small as my little corner of the internet may be) to those in Boston today is more pressing.

As I'm sure everyone has heard by now, two bombs went off near the finishing line of the Boston Marathon today around 3PM Eastern Time. Another blast went off about five miles away. The latest report that I've read says that two people have been reported dead (though I've seen as many as 12 people reported) and as many as one hundred are injured from this attack.

The New York Post says that they believe a suspect is in custody. 


The man that is in custody now is reported to be a Saudi national, 20 years old. (Update as of 5:10cst: Boston PD is saying they do NOT have anyone in custody yet.)

I'm curbing my thoughts on the matter because I don't have all the facts. I'm not a journalist, just a writer that has read some terrifying things today. I don't know if this man (if he did it, or whoever set those bombs off) is a part of a terrorist organization such as we've been fighting since the Twin Towers fell or if he's a lone nut job, but it stands that this is terrorism. If a person sets out to do massive harm to the citizens of this country and creates terror in the streets, that is terrorism, no matter what it may be called.

If you pray, pray for these people. If you don't, at least keep them in your hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment